Tuesday, February 19, 2008

true humility

USCCB - (NAB) - February 19, 2008:

"Whoever exalts himself will be humbled;
but whoever humbles himself will be exalted.”"

True humility is not about thinking of yourself as worthless but it is instead the deep knowing that without God you can do NOTHING! I've heard it said that 'God laughs when you make plans'...well, I don't know about outright laughter, but I can imagine a little chuckle coming forth from His lips right about now as so many of us are well on our way with our Lenten disciplines...then again...maybe you are all doing better then I am. You see...I get 'derailed' easily. Know what did it for me this time? a bug. yep...something so microscopic that it would be totally inconsequential if it weren't for the devestation that it can cause...the flu! I've been knocked out and dragged out of the race. I've been 'humbled'...not a bad thing in the long run I guess.

No comments: