Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Prayer for Discernment

A Prayer for Discernment

You have led me to desire your will and often your will seems beyond
me, but you O God are my friend and I know that you are with me always. In your
presence,calm my fear. Grant me the desire to be still in your presence, to
gaze on you and to feel your gaze. Grant me eyes to see you in your creation,
and to recognize in humanity the image and likeness of your Son. Grant me
ears that are attentive to your Word. May I respond with love to your call. Grant
me the desire to reach out and embrace all people with your love, to be
your hands in the world. Grant me the courage to echo in my life the Yes of Mary
and the passionate fidelity of Elijah your prophet. May I seek your will in
all things.
May I live my faith in you and be a sign of hope for the world.

No comments: